Seated Straddle Groin Stretch
Stretches the hip adductor, gluteals, erector spinae and hamstring muscles.
- Sit on the ground with the legs straight and spread as far apart as possible.
- Bend forward at the hips, keep the head up, and reach toward the feet. Hold this position for 10 to 15 seconds. Stretch to the other side.
Variation: stretch to one side while lying to touch the toes.
- Sit on the ground with the soles together. Place the hands on or near the feet.
- Bend forward from the hips, keeping the head up. Hold this position for 10 to 15 seconds.
Standing Groin Stretch
Stretches the adductor muscles.
- Lunge slowly to the left while keeping the right leg straight, the right foot facing straight ahead and entirely on the floor.
- Lean over the left leg while stretching the right groin muscles. Hold this position for 10 to 15 seconds. Repeat with the opposite leg.